|It is in the Pays d'Auge, this tiny region presented in detail in the topic of the Pays d'Auge cider A.O.C, found the oldest and probably the most renowned of the A.O.C. of Calvados.|
|Online Boxes Shop|
" Norman drinks Selection ":
|The Calvados Pays d'Auge had already a decree of appellation in 1942 (amended in 1997) so that the Calvados and Calvados Domfrontais will be respectively defined as an AOC in 1984 and 1997.|
This cider brandy, which is Apple what Cognac is the wine is necessarily developed from a double distillation so-called "à repasse" .
Single collumn Alambic type "Charentais"
It may be prepared from fruit from orchards of the Pays d'Auge and local varieties, of which 70% from bitter or bitter-sweet varieties.
Some specifics of the A.O.C. :
|The orchards must include :|
- at least 70% of the bitter and bittersweet varieties on the 49 authorized total;
- and at least 10% of Apple varieties tart on the 49 varieties authorized in total;
- to back mandatory and in a copper still.
- no earlier than 6 weeks after the extraction of the juice;
- 1st heater between 30 and 35% alcohol, reverts or good heater between 68 and 72% maximum alcohol flight.;
- compulsory organoleptic examination after distillation.
- two years in wood and minimum mandatory (barrels or oak casks);
- authorized for sale to the consumer with a minimum of 40% alcohol.